The State Trading Organization (STO)’s People’s Choice store has launched a two-day sale to celebrate its 59th anniversary.

During the sale, which runs from 19 to 20 December, the STO People’s Choice and its regional outlets will offer special discounts and limited-time offers on Hitachi products, with up to 20 percent off on a range of items, the company said. 59 customers will also have the chance to win gift hampers on Wednesday, 20 December.

The STO People’s Choice also hosted a special sale last year, coinciding with the company’s anniversary, which was well-received by customers.

To celebrate its 59th anniversary, STO has planned a special social media campaign centered around its history and various activities among staff members with opportunities to win valuable prizes.

STO, which marks its anniversary on 20 December, is a majority state-owned enterprise engaged in the trading of petroleum, cooking gas, construction materials, medical supplies, pharmaceuticals, home appliances, electronics, supermarket products, and insurance. While the state owns 82 percent, the remaining 18 percent is publicly held. The company is led by Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director Shimad Ibrahim.