Three people have been hospitalised after a fire broke out at an apartment building on Majeedhee Magu. An overheated oven was the catalyst for the blaze, which was reported at approximately 6:07 p.m. on Saturday, according to the Maldives National Defence Force (MNDF) Fire and Rescue Service.

The fire, which originated in an apartment on the first floor of Sun Graze residence ,resulted in injuries to one foreign national who was attempting to evacuate the building, while two elderly local residents were taken to hospital for smoke inhalation. All three received medical treatment at the nearby ADK Hospital.

The firefighters managed to contain the blaze around 6:23 p.m., according to MNDF, and by 6:56 p.m., the fire was completely extinguished.